wifite is created to attack multiple WEP and WPA encrypted networks at the same time. This tool is customizable to be automated with only a few arguments and can be trusted to run without supervision.
It’s a great tool to script into part of a toolkit for Wifi security assessments and is a handy wifi wep key cracker.
The biggest change from version 1 is support for “reaver”, a Wifi-Protected Setup (WPS) attack tool. Reaver can compromise the PIN and PSK for many routers that have WPS enabled, usually within hours.
Features of wifite
- sorts targets by power (in dB); cracks closest access points first
- all WPA handshakes are backed up (to the working directory)
- mid-attack options: stop during attack with Ctrl+C to use (continue, move onto next target, skip to cracking, exit)
- numerous filters to specify exactly what to attack (wep/wpa/both, above certain signal strengths, channels, etc)
- very customizable settings (timeouts, packets/sec, etc)
- SKA support (untested)
- finds devices in monitor mode; if none are found, prompts for selection
- all passwords saved to log.txt
- switching WEP attacks does not reset IVS
- displays session summary at exit; shows any cracked keys
You can download wifite automated wireless attack tool here:
Powered by Froala Editor