Zydra is a file password recovery tool and Linux shadow file cracker. It uses the dictionary search or Brute force method for cracking passwords.
- RAR Files
- Legacy ZIP Files
- PDF Files
- Linux Shadow Files (zydra can find all the user’s password in the linux shadow file one after the other)
To run the app, minimal requirements are:
- Python 3.3 or higher
- debian-based linux distro, preferably Kali linux 2
- qpdf and unrar packages
Installing these packages on kali is as easy as running the following commands on terminal:
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install qpdf unrar
- some python modules in this program need to be installed manually, like: zipfile, rarfile, crypt, pyfiglet, py-term(for term module) and so on. you can use pip3 for install them example:
$ pip3 install py-term
notice: rar,zip and pdf files must have an extension, shadow files does not need an extension.
- Cracking files password using two methods: 1. dictionary method 2. brute force method
- In the brute force method, you can specify the min length and max length of the passwords.
- In the brute force method, you can specify the type of characters that may be used in the password.
- There is a percent progress bar showing how much of the process has been performed.
- Error handling.
- One of the most important features of Zydra is the multiprocessing feature that speeds up the program. For example if you have 8 CPU cores, Zydra will use all of them for processing at the same time.
Download Zydra by cloning the Git repository:
$ git clone https://github.com/hamedA2/Zydra.git
To get a list of all options and learn how to use this app, enter the following command:
$ python3 Zydra.py -h
- Dictionary search to find the password for a zip file
In this example I use rockyou.txt dictionary
$ python3 Zydra.py –f file.zip –d rockyou.txt
- Brute force search to find the password for the users in the shadow file
Minimum length of password is 4 and maximum length is 4 and we try to find passwords that are composed of numbers and symbols letters.
$ python3 Zydra.py –f shadow –b digits,symbols –m 4 –x 4
This tool is only for testing and academic purposes Do not use it for illegal purposes!
Powered by Froala Editor