How can you download Instagram Reels? If this is a question surfacing in your mind, then you are in the right place. In this guide, we show you several methods to download Instagram Reels and save them offline.
Note: the methods below will work on both Android and iOS. However, you won’t be able to download “private” Reels.
1. Download Instagram Reels Using Online Downloading Tools
There are several online tools that help you download Instagram Reels without the need to install an app or software. These online tools also let you save the videos without any watermark or restrictions.
Here are some of the best online tools for downloading Reels:
1. Open the Instagram Reels you want to download. Tap on the three-dot icon and choose the “Copy link” option.
2. Visit any of the mentioned online tools. For this example, we are going to use Instadp. Tap on the “Reels” tab within the website and paste the copied Reels link in the appropriate box.
3. Hit the blue “Download” button and wait for the processing to complete. Once done, you will be shown a preview of the video and a big download button. Tap on it, and you will have successfully downloaded an Instagram Reels video.
If the video starts playing in a new tab, you need to long-press on the video and select the “Download video” option to save the file.
2. Using Dedicated Apps
There are several available apps that help you download Instagram Reels videos. Such apps also negate the need to open an online website every time you want to download a Reel. You can choose from any of the two popular Android apps for downloading Reels:
1. Download the app on your Android phone. Grant all the necessary permissions it asks for.
2. Copy the Instagram Reels link you wish to download and open any app. Paste the link and hit the Download button to save the Reel to your phone.
3. Bookmark Instagram Reels
If you just wish to save Instagram Reels for future use, instead of downloading it, simply bookmark the Reel.
Open the Instagram Reel you wish to save. Click on the three-dot icon and hit the “Save” button from the list of options.
To find the Instagram Reels video you saved, navigate to “Profile screen -> three-bar icon -> Saved.” Tapping on “All posts” will reveal all of your saved posts along with Reels.
4. Download Your Own Instagram Reels with Sound
Instagram offers you the option to download unpublished Reels; however, it does not save the audio. If you wish to save your own unpublished Instagram Reels, you need to create a “Close Friends” list and make use of Stories to download your own Instagram Reels video. Here is how to do it:
1. Open the Instagram app and go to the profile page. Hit the “hamburger menu” icon and select the “Close Friends” option from the list.
2. Add one or multiple friends to your “Close Friends” list and, once done, create an Instagram Reels video.
3. After creating the video, click on the “Preview” button.
4. Click on “Next” to head over to the “Share” menu. On the Share menu, tap on the “Stories” tab and hit the “Share” button in front of “Close Friends.” Do note that the member added to the close friend’s list will be able to see the Reels.
5. Go to the Instagram home screen and tap on “Your Story.” You will notice the created Reel got published as a story. Tap on the three-dot icon and select the “Save video” option from the menu. This will download your Reel video with audio. After everything is done, you can delete the story.
5. Download Using Stories
A simple yet useful hack that does not require any additional app or usage of the tool is to download Instagram Reels using Stories.
1. Open the Instagram Reels video and tap on Send/Receive icon.
2. Select the “Add Reel to your story” option.
3. A preview screen will show up. If you wish to download the video in full-screen, you need to pinch-and-zoom to fill the screen.
4. Once done, tap on the “Download” button at the top. That’s it! The video will get saved in your phone’s gallery.